ECLJ is recruiting 1 advocacy officer
The ECLJ is recruiting one advocacy officer for the United Nations
Purpose of the function
The Advocacy Officer is in charge of developing the activities of the ECLJ with the different UN bodies, mainly the Human Rights Council, the Treaty Bodies and the Special Procedures.
This advocacy function consists mainly of
- creating and identifying the best opportunities for the ECLJ to tack part in the procedures of the UN;
- drafting contributions for United Nations bodies, such as statements, communications and reports;
- making oral interventions at the United Nations;
- representing victims defended by the ECLJ before UN bodies;
- establishing relationships with diplomates and members of UN bodies and other stakeholders;
- building coalitions with diplomatic delegations, NGOs and other stakeholders;
- writing and presenting ECLJ positions at conferences;
- organising conferences and public events on ECLJ issues, in particular at the United Nations (Geneva);
- communicate on its activities publicly through press releases and articles.
He/she may also participate occasionally in other ECLJ work.
- Legal and political analysis skills;
- Ability to speak and write fluently in French and English;
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships;
- Strong convictions shared with the ECLJ;
- Ability to work independently and take initiative;
- Ability to travel frequently.
- Post-graduate in law, human rights and international law;
- Knowledge of the functioning of international human rights bodies;
- Training in political science, diplomacy or geopolitics.
- Experience in multilateral diplomacy, advocacy or human rights.
Working conditions and location
- Full time position.
- The position is based in Strasbourg, at the ECLJ headquarters, within a team of 6/8 persons.
- French status.
Send curriculum and letter of application to email@example.com